The Lightship Group, located in North Kingstown, RI, has become one of the most respected marine, and industrial support organizations in the country. For over 30 years, The Lightship Group has provided traditional, time proven approaches toward troubleshooting and problem solving, and continues to provide clients worldwide with engineering and technical support.
Our services include engineering and technical services, ship repair, generator sales and services, and welding and fabrication services.
Generator PM Technician will be responsible to perform preventive maintenance services on industrial and residential generators and engines. Services will be performed throughout Rhode Island and Southern Massachusetts from a mobile unit having the necessary equipment and supplies to perform the required activities. Generator PM Technician will be required to respond to emergency calls during off-hours and inclement weather. Work will be coordinated from our shop facility in North Kingstown, Rhode Island. Generator PM Technician will interface with Company customers and perform all necessary record keeping to ensure proper management of preventative maintenance activities.
Experience & Knowledge (Required):
To perform this job well, the employee needs to have knowledge of the following:
- • Basics of Ignition and Compression Engine Maintenance, including: o Oil Change
- o Spark Plug, Coil and Wire Inspection & Maintenance
- o Filter Change (Oil, Fuel, Air)
- o Fluid Monitoring
- o Battery Inspection & Maintenance
- o Fuel System Inspection & Maintenance
- o Belt Inspection & Maintenance
- o Cleanliness and Housekeeping
- • Service and Inventory Management Program Use and Operation
- • Safety Requirements & Codes
- • OSHA Regulations
The Lightship Group, LLC Generator PM Technician, (Con’t) Page 2
- • Possess mechanic set of hand tools.
Experience & Knowledge (Desirable):
- • Basic System Troubleshooting
- • Computer Code Interpretation
- • Ability to access secured locations (TWIC, RapidGate, CAC, etc.)
The successful applicant must:
- Be able to lift and carry heavy objects up to 60 LBS.
- Be able to work on his/her feet for extended periods of time.
- Be able to work outdoors in inclement weather situations.
- Be able to bend, twist, squat, climb ladders, and carry heavy equipment up and down stairs.
The successful applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment physical to confirm an ability to meet the requirements of this job. The pre-employment physical shall include a drug test.
Applicant should have a high school diploma and training or experience directly applicable to the above required experience and knowledge.
It is preferred that the applicant have two (2) years of experience directly applicable to the preventative maintenance activities required. Lightship will consider less experience for candidates presenting clear interest in the job, and capabilities related to the work, at the sole discretion of the company. The applicant should be a United States citizen with a valid driver’s license.
Salary & Benefits:
The Lightship Group, LLC offers competitive salaries will be determined based on education and experience, and a benefit package consisting of medical and dental plans, company sponsored 401k plan, voluntary AFLAC policies, 10 paid holidays, and vacation and sick time accrual.
The Lightship Group, LLC participates in the Federal E-Verify program.
Please submit a resume to Linda Porter, Assistant Manager, Power Systems Division, via email: email@example.com; fax: 401 294-3415 or U.S. Mail: The Lightship Group, LLC; P.O. Box 1470; Wickford, RI 02852
Lightship Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer